Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer is Almost Over

Ten days of summer left for me. It seems odd that 'summer" will be over, when, according to the calendar, we are not even halfway through the season of summer yet.



I've still got a few things to do, necessary things, like clean out the medical receipts drawer. I ought to take everything out of the china cabinet, wash it all in hot soapy water, clean the shelves, and return it. Amazing how dusty, and even a little greasy, the glassware in there can get, even when in a cabinet with closed glass doors that are rarely opened. I'd like to go to Commerce - nothing badly needed, just feel like the summer isn't the summer unless I've walked through my favorite stores in Commerce. I'd like to go to an old hardware store in a little town in Georgia - supposed to be quite a destination. But it is so, so, sticky hot that little trips like that lose their appeal.


The adrenaline for starting back is starting to flow - the mental organization and thought process that happens around this time of the year. I probably ought to go to school and work for a day or two. There's something about coming in the first morning of inservice and at least be partially underway with the necessary work, that is good for the psyche.


I also probably ought to go in and run a bunch of copies before codes are put on the copy machine!


I have not yet had my annual dream of having a class that is completely out of control - the same dream every summer, for 30+ years now. Summer can't be over until I have that dream!




1 comment:

rk2 said...

I hate to tell you this, but you still have those classroom out of control nightmares even when you aren't teaching any more. At least I do a couple times a year or so.