Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Morning Misc. 11/28/11

--I realized this weekend how much I miss the old-fashioned TVLand station. Was home alone a good bit, and sometimes like to just have something on in the background - it used to be that if nothing else was on, you could always catch an old episode of Andy Griffith or Leave it to Beaver or Gunsmoke. Now, it's just become a station like any other. Kinda sad.

--While at my folks last night, Mom gave me a package of cheese slices she said she wouldn't use, and I stuck them in my purse to take home. Mike came by to watch part of the ballgame after he got back from work. I went out to the kitchen and fixed him a couple of hotdogs, and retrieved a couple of slices of cheese to put on them. He sure gave me a funny look. "Do you always keep cheese in your purse?"

--The best time of Thanksgiving vacation (with a half-day of work on Wednesday) is the Tuesday night beforehand, because of what's coming, and the half-day of freedom on Wednesday. After that it just flies by. Ditto for Christmas vacation.

No comments: