Saturday, December 31, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

Everyone is gone today, and I am home working around the house. (Why is it so much easier to get things done when no one is home?) I've done laundry, cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, put "stuff" away, and generally tried to get as much as possible done before going back to school next week.

And I've cooked. Got something in the crockpot for Mike's meals next week at work, browned hamburger I got this morning.

And - with a half of bag of potatoes that need to be used, a can of mushroom soup, ham chunks, onions, mushrooms, enough milk to make a good sauce, and cheese on the top--it's the perfect time to make a casserole of scalloped potatoes. Enough for several lunches for me next week as well.

Comfort food.

1 comment:

From the Front Porch said...

you're making me hungry. This is not good at 9:14...right before bed :). looks yummy!