Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Misc.

--I'm sitting here looking at a group of 7th graders in study hall.  I have several study halls this year and it really makes a difference in lowering stress levels for me - More time to get my own work done.  However, this being 7th grade primarily, I do have to move around and check on them from time to time.

--I'm also really enjoying the new desk chair my sister gave me.  It's extremely comfortable and supportive of my lower back.  Thank you Rhoda!

--AND, I'm thankful that my friend Matt was willing to come to school yesterday and fix my printer.  He's a computer man who used to do some work for our church and who has a daughter in our school - on open house night he said he would stop by and take a look at it, but he didn't think about it, so he actually left work early and came by here to help me with it.  It hasn't worked since I disconnected it last spring.  It was wonderful this morning to send something to it and hear it printing this morning.  So much more convenient than having to print to our copier in the library.

--Today in senior English I had mentioned purchasing a fruit and yogurt parfait at McDonalds the other day, and that it was very good as well as a reasonable price.  ($1.00!)  A student who works there said they don't really sell many, "just a few to older ladies."  Between her comment and the look on my face, there was laughter in the room.  Two senior girls came to my defense and said they order them all the time.  I was relieved.

No comments: