1. A lovely Thanksgiving day even if I was a little under the weather and stayed in all day. First time in years I haven't been out and about. Mike worked but my son and daughter went and joined the family--
2. Both offspring home for 24 hours--
3. More looks at the red-breasted nuthatch - only there are two of them! They are very tame. Yesterday I stood not four feet away, getting ready to fill the feeders with seed, and they kept right on feeding without moving. I so wished I'd had my camera there. They act like hummingbirds as they keep chasing the other one away. Even though there are two suet feeders!
4. The night of our Thanksgiving service, someone gave me $100 to give anonymously to a family that has joined our church and is working in our school - a fine family that we are so glad to have with us now. The expression on my colleague's face when I gave it to him was very precious. It was a blessing to be the bearer of that kindness!
5. One of my seniors wrote in her journal that she loved the game "Pretty Pretty Princess" as a child, but hers got away from her and she's not seen it since -- yet she's missed it very much. Being an eBay lover, I checked it out - but most copies were $25+ - more than I was willing to pay even to do something nice for someone. Last weekend at a yard sale I found one - for $2! I gave it to her Monday morning and she was very happy to get it.