1. Safe and warm at home on an icy afternoon. School was let out at mid-morning due to upcoming sleet and freezing rain - and it was a wise decision. Picture below was taken a couple of years ago, and there's no snow on the ground today, but it still paints a good picture of the cold, dreary, inside day we are having. (I love this kind of weather.)
2. Went to Greenville to the dentist on Tuesday, and stopped at Outback for supper afterward. We had a very handsome waiter (he wasn't real keen about me taking his picture, but I wasn't about to be deterred) who got a very nice tip after his good service!!
3. Mike took care of a lot of things for us this week, on his two days off. We had to get a new hot water heater; he took care of some legal matters with the title to Andrew's truck (which took three trips to the DMV and three trips to the county tax office!), and several other matters. I greatly appreciate his faithfulness at taking care of things that have to be done.
4. We are slowly doing better. I'd say we're 85-90% there, both of us. Still have coughing and fatigue issues, but MUCH, MUCH better.
5. Saw two former students this morning, daughters of dear friends, who spoke to our girls' combined Bible classes. It's always a blessing to see former students who are doing well, and even more so to see them when there is such a close personal connection also. So Carrie and Rachael - you are beautiful and you are loved!! Thank you!!