Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Food pics

Most of these photos were taken at either Metro (the import store) or Wal-Mart.  I thought the
 various things were just too interesting not to remember.  Hope you enjoy a 
"taste" of a few of the food items I saw.
Who knows what "dried meat floss" is?  It was a powder.  None of those I asked seemed to know--

Ah, yes, there was bacon!  Until I looked at the actual product. . . 

Interesting department label--

This is just two of four complete shelving units in Wal-Mart stocking soy sauce and flavored vinegars.

Not sure what this was, but it wasn't anything like any Great Value product we would find here.

These are steamed breads.  To me the ones on the lower right look like they ought to be popped into an oven and browned, but they are cooked and ready for eating just like this.  They have no taste.

Eggs, anyone?  Chicken feet, anyone?
Chinese Oreos
Chinese version of a frozen pizza.  Not real appetizing-- 

Note the item that is labeled "green beans."
So would you add this product to your next grilling party?
Goji Berries and Dried Sliced Kelp.
Wal-Mart Deli Bar
The pink fruit on the left is dragon fruit; in the middle are coconuts; and on the right is a large fruit called Durian that has a TERRIBLE smell.  Many Asians love to eat it in spite of the smell.  I'd heard of it, so had to take a big whiff.  It really is awful. 
I thought it was funny that these were labeled "Clean Vegetable."








1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

Interesting! I think foods would be the hardest part of traveling internationally. I am not an adventurous eater, but my husband is.