Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Thankful for a fine Christian orthopedist, with whom we used to go to church, who operated on my knee yesterday and did an arthroscopic meniscus repair. Hopefully that will take care of the problems. I would not have made it through the China trip without a good brace.
2. Thankful for a good recliner, a nice fancy ice pack my husband went to get yesterday, and lots of good help from family and friends. Oh, and Lortabs.
3. I have gotten many favorable remarks on the China posts, especially the last wrap-up one. The trip was really special, and knowing that people were following it and interested in it made the trip even better.
4. We noticed that our natural gas bill was higher than it should be this month, as during the summer we only make the base payment. (We only use gas for supplemental heat.) Turns out we have a pinhole leak in some aluminum piping under the house. The gas man who came to check it said we probably had a lightning strike at some point, and that kind of piping is never used any more due to such problems. We will get the piping replaced, but there is no rush to do so (the gas has been sealed off), and the gas man said the hole was so small that there had been very minimal risk of explosion.
5. Just got word from my son in China that he is being moved to a brand new apartment that is right on his university campus! Right now he and two fellow teachers are living in a building on a university that is about four to five miles away from where they teach. I am so glad for that. His current apartment leaves much to be desired and it sounds like this will be much better.