Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
It is a rainy, cool Friday morning - the first time that the weather has really felt like autumn at all. I'm ready for it.
1. We went to a beautiful wedding last Sunday night. The bride is the daughter of good friends, and the officiating minister is our assistant pastor, who is not only a great preacher during normal sermons, but also ties a fine knot at a wedding. I've been married 29 years but still got some great food for thought at this wedding.
2. Just got a text from a missionary friend in Beijing whose stateside van was stolen about six weeks ago - it's been found and had been used all this time by a ring of thieves who used it as a getaway car for burglaries. The friend's daughter had to have transportation due to being a nursing student, and now she has her van back - and it still works fine. Glad to have this taken care of for them.
3. We are going to a great conference in North Carolina tonight, with the organization that our son is teaching in China with. Looking forward to the conference and to the time away.
4. Daughter still enjoying her job and doing well at it. She's finding out all the "funnies" that elementary students can come up with.
5. Good week. I had a lot of papers to grade, but was able to stay on top of them, and should go home today without much to do!! That's so much better than the weekends where I feel covered up, yet want to get away from schoolwork at the same time.