Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog.
1. Great weekend last weekend at a conference in the beautiful NC mountains. This was a missions conference with the organization that our son is with - but not a typical meeting of that sort. This is all about the 10-40 window and all the challenges of going to such countries. The speakers all challenge the thinking of those attending - there are no platitudes at all. This was our second year to go, and we are always glad to attend and have our thinking stretched.
2. Only 2 1/2 days of teaching this week. The calendar said we were supposed to go to the annual teachers' convention this week; however, with several students being withdrawn right at the first of the year, the funds just weren't there for us to go. So Wednesday afternoon we had security training at school; yesterday we had first aid and CPR training, and today we are off. However, I got an extra day off due to a bad cold. I got charged with a sick day, but I had to take it - just did not have the wherewithal to go in. If you can't go, you can't go.
And - the extra day off must have worked because I am feeling some better today. Not all the way better, but some.
3. I am going to have some injections in my knee - some kind of a lubricating substance (WD-40 for the knee?) :-) that is supposed to help the pain I am still having. I have to get the shots sent from a specialized pharmacy to the orthopedist's office, and it has to be cleared through insurance, etc., etc., etc. - the typical medical stuff (that is going to get worse as we get more and more into Obamacare). I got all those phone calls made this morning and got the appointments set up.
4. Had a nice phone call with an old friend that I hadn't talked with for many years. One of the speakers from the conference is going to be at their midwest church this weekend, and I wanted to tell her about him. It's amazing with old friends - you just pick up where you left off when you get the opportunity to connect again.
5. And - Mike fixed my elliptical this morning! It had a problem in the linkage so that it knocked and made a loud sound with each go-around. Now it is smooth as silk. He is so good to fix things and I do not take it for granted!!
Quick bonus - just heard that my daughter's good friend, who does my hair, can take me this afternoon. So nice not to have to try to get in after school in the late afternoon!