Link to FFF Host Blog
This is being written the day before - because tomorrow I will be on a marathon 16-hour day to the Fine Arts Festival with our school. But I will set it to post on Friday.
1. Well, many years a group of students will come and say "Will you please help us work up a dramatic piece for the Fine Arts Festival?" And I think of ideas, then agree to help them - and then remember that that means that I have to GO to the Fine Arts Festival, in a city two hours from here. Tomorrow is the day. But, it's also a privilege to go to watch these students, most of whom have worked very hard, perform, and I know that it means a lot to them to have teachers there.
2. Sale of a lot of eBay books recently. Our ChildCare had a whole shelf of unused ABeka workbooks that would not be used because of a curriculum change. So I sold them - as usual, most of them went quickly - and split the profits. They get rid of books they don't need - they get $$ for their special fund - I get a little $$ for my effort, and my Paypal account gets built up. Frankly, I love the "high" of an eBay sale. Kinda crazy, but it's fun to watch the feedback build up, as well as to have "fun money" in Paypal, so that if something comes up that I would like to buy, the $$ is in there to spend and not feel guilty about.
3. Made stuffed peppers last weekend, and had enough for several lunches for me and also for daughter who loves them. She always appreciates having a few lunches for her workweek, so it's fun to have a few to give to her. And this week there were enough for four lunches for her!! (Maybe I went a little overboard on the stuffed peppers. . .)
4. Out to eat with dear friends last Friday night. We do not see as much of them since they changed churches, but we still try to get together from time to time.
5. A pot of soup from my mom for after the root canal this afternoon. This is being written pre-root canal, but I'm assuming that it will follow through as she has offered!