Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday's Fave Five, 2/5/16

LINK to Friday's Fave Host Blog

 1. We took my dad out to his and my mom's favorite restaurant, overlooking the lake, last night for his birthday.  Great food (their fried shrimp is the best), great service.  Nice night.

2. This big heart on the wall in our high school hallway.  The Bible teachers put it up.  Students and teachers can write on a small heart how they have seen Jesus in a classmate or someone at school.  It's really an encouragement to read some of the things that students have observed and written down.

3. Last weekend, in five minutes on Saturday morning, I watched fourteen species at our bird feeders.  It was a riot of activity and looked like a bird airport, there was so much coming and going.  It was a big treat to watch.

4. Almost done with a child's blanket that I am ready to get finished.  Don't know whom to give it to yet, but at least it will be done and I can start on another one.  I know better than to crochet a blanket with mostly one color of solid yarn.  That's boring.  But I broke my own rule this time, and am eager to get it done.

5. Several nice times of being with my sister this week, who is visiting from Texas.  She's always glad to just fit into what's going on around here, and I've enjoyed being with her the last few days.

4 comments:

Faith said...

I love watching the birds at our feeder!! WOW that is a lot of different species you got to enjoy. I actually thought I saw a robin the other day.....maybe because this past of eastern NY is feeling like spring instead of winter...we still don't have any white stuff on the ground!!

It's awesome to see students encouraging one another...and yay for some sister time!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Barbara H. said...

I love that heart idea. I like to encourage and recognize not just romantic love on Valentine's Day, and what a neat way to do that.

Glad you could have some good time with your sister and a nice birthday outing with your folks.

Willow said...

Using only one color in a crocheted or knitted anything is boring, but sometimes boring is good. I just rest my brain with the boring.
That idea of giving people the opportunity to write encouraging notes to others is really sweet. Love it!

Susanne said...

What a great idea for the school to do! I am so not a crafty gal that so I admire anyone who can knit or crochet anything. It is a lot of work, that I know!