LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. We had a beautiful wedding last Friday night, for my son Andrew and his new bride, Teah. There will be many more pictures to come; however, we haven't seen them yet. The bride and groom have just gotten back from their honeymoon, and the photographer (Mike's brother) wants them to see the pictures first. Understandable. So right now all I have are a few phone shots.
This is our family before the bride joins it.
And here is the lovely bride at some point before the ceremony.
2. I got to wear a lei for the first time in my life! The bride's aunt brought beautiful flowers from Hawaii and made them into leis. The girls had flower leis, and the men wore tea leaf leis. They were beautiful, and such a treat to wear. A corsage is nice enough, but a lei is extra special.
3. Many friends and family were so helpful to pull everything off. To have people who are so willing to help in many ways is a joy in itself.
4. We had a family breakfast the next morning at my folks' house, where my sister Rhoda made her pancake specialties. She loves to put together family events, and she does a nice job.
5. This week has been LOW KEY!! For me anyway. Mike has had to work an awful off-hours training shift, getting in at 3:00 each morning. So he has that "night shift" feel again, something he's not had to endure for a couple of years now.
A funny from that: I am sleeping in our daughter's old room this week, so that in the mornings I can get up without waking Mike up while he's working these odd hours. The first night I could not get to sleep - just too many odd noises for some reason, as well as concern for him to be driving home (over the lake no less) so late at night, when he is not used to it. I finally fell into a restless sleep, but woke up at 3:30--and instantly jerked awake because he should have been home by then. I just knew I would hear the alarm when he came in, and then hear him coming up the hall. Well, I lay there for about half an hour, yes, worrying--when it occurred to me - Maybe I ought to check? And sure enough - our bedroom door was closed, and the entry light in the hallway was off. He had come in, and gone to bed, and I hadn't heard a thing!!