LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog.
1. Wonderful trip to Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, and Maine. The puffin cruise, last Saturday, is written about in detail here. And in a day or two, as time allows, I will post more pictures of the other parts of our trip. This is one of the pictures taken on Machias Seal Island with my new camera. So pleased with the quality.
2. Lots of lobster! I informed Mike that I planned to eat lobster every day. And that promise worked out. I can't get enough of the stuff. This is a half-eaten "lazy lobster" meal. Meaning - the staff picked it out of the shell and all I had to do was eat it. This was our last meal in Maine, so I decided to do it up right.
3. The view from our cottage on Grand Manan Island. That is an inlet off the Bay of Fundy. We could see the ferry as it crossed back and forth several times a day.
4. Southwest Airlines. Their philosophy of travel is different, and it shows. First of all, our fares were unbelievable - TWO tickets for a total of $408. That's round trip, and the good price on the fare was the main reason we were able to take this trip.
Then, when our flight from Baltimore to Manchester, NH, was canceled due to weather, we were able to re-route into Portland, ME, which was actually closer, and was a through flight on the plane we were already on. However, our luggage was already checked through to go to Manchester, where it would have gone on a later flight. Mike talked to a flight attendant, who talked to the pilot, about keeping our luggage on the plane. During the stop in Baltimore, we could see out our window the pilot talking to the luggage crew and making sure our luggage was not put on the transfer cart. Now that is service!!
Furthermore, on Monday morning, a reservations clerk named Rita helped us to get an earlier flight on the return trip. There was no fee to change the reservation, and she was able to honor our original fare.
That's the way airlines ought to serve their customer base.
5. Home Sweet Home - Trips are great, and coming home is even better.
And that is my Friday's Fave Five from a very good week!