LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Excellent appointment at a pain management specialist today. I've had lower back pain for over 15 years - not debilitating but still there. This summer I had two episodes that indicated it has gone to a new level. It took six weeks to get in to see this doctor, and since the pain has somewhat subsided, I almost canceled the appointment, but decided to go anyway. It was well worth it. This doctor really knows what he is talking about. He explained a lot of things to me that I really hadn't understood; he told me about something I can get at Walgreens for a very reasonable price that should help; he is changing my anti-inflammatory to another one that may be better; and he is going to do an in-office procedure in three weeks to see if it will help for up to a year. It was one of those appointments where you walk out and feel like you've seen some light at the end of a tunnel.
2. Last Sunday we went to the church where our son and his wife are helping with the music and teens. It's about a little over an hour away, and is a great little church. Andrew and I did our "Be Still My Soul" number for the service. His in-laws were there also, my parents came too, and we all went to a little restaurant nearby for lunch after church. The food was good and so was the generosity of the person who paid. :-)
3. Labor Day and a four-day work week!! Always a pleasure.
4. Tonight, since I feel kind of flu-ish (not sure if it's from catching Mike's cold or from taking a flu shot yesterday) Mike went over to a little sandwich shop near here and brought back supper. Sometimes, when you don't feel real great, it doesn't get much better than a sandwich and fries from a styrofoam box at your own kitchen counter.
5. Finally - this was last Saturday. My dove hunters. I love this picture.