Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday's Fave Five, 2/3/17

LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

I am going to go ahead and do a FFF, but it will be different than usual, because this was a very different than usual week.  A great-nephew on my husband's side passed away this past Sunday, and it was especially sad because he was only twelve years old.  We did not know him well, but were with him from time to time at family functions - most recently on Christmas Eve.  His father was a fixture in our home when a young boy (kindergarten age) himself.

So here are my FFFs:

--My daughter and her boyfriend took platters of Chick Fil A up to the hospital last weekend, and according to family who were there, they couldn't have come at a better time or with a better gift.  No one wanted to leave to get food, but when they saw the chicken platters, they all realized how hungry they were.  I am grateful for my daughter's and friend's sensitivity to the situation and their generosity in going the extra mile.

--All of my husband's siblings were able to come from around the state to be a support to their sister and family, and many of them were able to stay for several days.

--The boy's organs were donated.

--I was able to take a personal day off due to the circumstances.

--Prayer and the peace of God are invaluable in such situations.

So if you are reading this, and you know the Lord, please say a prayer for William's family.  Thank you.

6 comments:

collettakay said...

Prayer said for William's family! So sad :(

Colletta

Wendy said...

How sad. Hopefully there will be some comfort in having donated William's organs. Not all parents are prepared to do so.

Barbara H. said...

Oh, I'm sorry, Ann. That's so hard. I'm thankful the siblings could come and you could get the day off. I love how sometimes God put it on the heart of someone to bring something like the chicken platters, and that turns out to be just the right thing.

Gattina said...

When somebody passes away it's always sad, but a 12 year old boy that's really terrible ! The poor parents !

Deb J. in Utah said...

Very sad. So sorry for your family's loss.

Susanne said...

I am so sorry for the loss in your family, Ann. Losing anyone is hard but most especially so a child. I will definitely say a prayer for his family. I'm glad you could still find some blessings in the midst of such hard circumstances.