Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday's Fave Five, 8/25/17

LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. Monday's total solar eclipse was the event of a lifetime.  More here on that.  I've never seen anything so beautiful in the heavens! 

2. Great day at school the day of the eclipse.  We had an all-school assembly in which yours truly got to explain eclipses and give some information.  The lunchroom ladies served rocket dogs (see pic below), sun chips, moon pies, grapes, and Sunny Delight.  Classes went out all afternoon to view the various partial eclipse interesting things, such as crescent-shaped shadows.  Everyone was out by 2:36, the moment of totality.  The whole school loved it.

3. Husband is slowly improving from shoulder surgery (three weeks ago yesterday).  We knew rotator cuff surgery was a big deal, but we didn't realize just how big.  The pain issues, mobility issues, and lack of motion have really slowed him down.  Therapy yesterday was a good start at regaining use of the arm.

4. My dad and our son have both been a big help at helping get husband where he needs to go, when I am at work.  Very thankful for son's mowing the lawn and hauling our trash when needed.

5. I am very thankful for Friday after a very busy week!!  I can crash!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love the school lunch! I hope you have a restful, relaxing weekend, Ann.

Barbara H. said...

I love the creativity of the eclipse-themed lunch! I'm glad your son is near enough and willing to help with the lawn and such. Hope your husband continues to heal well.

Susan said...

Your students will remember this eclipse because of the special elements: the food, the lesson, viewing it, and the get out of school time. How fun too.

So glad your husband is healing nicely. It sure does help to have family nearby who can do some of your husband's chores and to take him to appointments. Hurray that physical therapy has started. I remember when I started pt for my broken shoulder. It seemed like doing the daily exercises was as time consuming as a part time job!

I hope your weekend is indeed a relaxing one.

Susanne said...

How fun that the lunch ladies went all out with an solar theme for the eclipse. Sounds like fun was had by all that day. Praying your hubby's arm and shoulder continue to heal quickly and well.

Willow said...

I hope you had a truly relaxing weekend to recover from the week.
Love the menu for eclipse day!
It's great to have family around to help with your hubby's needs.