Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday's Fave Five, 9/8/17

 Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. Mike is making progress with his shoulder therapy.  He got thumbs-up from the physical therapist this week.  AND - he can now do his exercises on his own.  I've had to help him with a couple of the exercises, which has not been good for marital harmony.  :-)

2. Beta Club induction ceremony today at school.  I'm the sponsor, so of course it falls in my lap.  The officers this year are very detail oriented, so that helps tremendously.  And it all went over well.
3. Finished a blanket this week and got it mailed off to the recipient, who should have it now.  I've discovered that a larger crochet hook makes progress go so much faster.


4. For the past two weeks, I've gotten beautiful tomatoes at the farmers' market, and we have enjoyed great BLTs, and ham and tomato sandwiches.  I've also enjoyed more tomatoes and cantaloupe, which most people think is weird, but it's great.

5. Finally - it looks like we will get more rain than wind from the hurricane system.  We have the possibility of being off of school Monday.  Daughter who lives near the coast may not have to evacuate either.  She sent me this picture today.  I didn't get it at first, but it is funny once I did get it.  Blessings and safety to all in the path.



7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello and happy Friday! I hope that you and your daughter are safe in the coming storm - Hurricane Irma. I love your blanket. I know the person you sent it to will be excited to have it! Beautiful! Hope your school year is going well. Have a good and safe weekend!

Barbara H. said...

So glad Mike's shoulder is doing well and you've been relieved as assistant exercise helper. :-) Glad the Beta Club ceremony went well. Loved the photo about the charger! That's an essential these days.

Faith said...

Oh I will keep your family in prayer as that storm hits!!

It's funny you should mention your husband and a shoulder issue. Mine just went to doc yesterday for a shoulder problem and was ordered to attend PT twice a week starting next week!!

YUMMY!!! fresh tomatoes and cantaloupe...two of my faves as well.

Have a great weekend!! Be safe!

Jerralea said...

Hmmm... I've never ate tomatoes and cantaloupe together ...

Funny pic about the charger. I was sad because I forgot mine last weekend ... but I got home by the time it was down to 17% LOL

My daughter used to be the Beta Club sponsor, so I know you had much to do. Now she does Student Council, which actually is even more activity filled. My hat is off to you teachers!

Susan said...

Such a cheery blanket. I bet the recipient was thrilled to receive it. And hurray for figuring out a way to finish it faster.
Hurray that you no longer have to help with hubby's pt. And the bigger hurray goes to him healing so well.
I am always losing and/or forgetting my phone charger. I now own 4: one that stays at home, one for my office, one for my car and a battery operated one. Unfortunately I don't know where the last one is.
I hope you are your family have an uneventful storm.

Willow said...

I've been tracking the hurricane from the safety of my west coast home but praying all you are safe and secure.
That meme is cute--yeah, don't forget your charger! (we have one in the car)
I laughed at your remark about the large crochet hook making progress so much faster--same with larger knitting needles :) Win-win!

Susanne said...

I hope your daughter stayed safe during the storm. Such a scary thing when there is evacuations like that. I've never heard of tomatoes with cantaloupe. That blanket is absolutely beautiful. The colors are wonderful!