Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday's Fave Five, 12-15-17

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog

BIRTHDAY EDITION  :-)
This will be a little different FFF due to the events of the past week.  :-)

1. Today, by the grace of God, I celebrate having lived on this earth for six decades.  I am very thankful for all that He has done in my life.

2. Last Saturday, our children and their spouses (and my folks) pulled off a big surprise.  Mike's birthday was a week ago Thursday, and he had a milestone birthday also.  So our children planned a surprise party at a local restaurant.  ML and her husband drove four hours to be here for this special event.  Several good friends and family members were there, and we were very surprised.  It was a great evening!!  It was especially nice because of our recuperations from surgeries, from which he's faced limited activity and I've faced a lot of ongoing fatigue.  So the party was a great diversion.

The six of us.







2. Of course, this is also the last week of school before Christmas break, so last night was our beautiful school program.  I'm not supposed to post pictures of students on private blogs or FB pages, but suffice it to say that that program was a true worship service.  Our music teacher does a beautiful job of planning a program that gives glory to the true reason for Christmas, and makes it enjoyable also.  It was a great night.

3. Before the program, my dear friend of many years, Nancy, took me out for my birthday. 

4. Then today, after I got home from a half-day of school, our son drives up and brings me this, from both children and their spouses.  Beautiful!!

5. And a half hour after that, the doorbell rang, with another flower arrangement from my dear friend Gretchen!  I have felt greatly celebrated this week.

Just to keep my feet on the ground, precious husband reminded me, "Just think - you're halfway to 120."  :-)

6 comments:

Faith said...

happy birthday!! I have two good friends with bdays today and my sister Joy turns 56 tomorrow while i turned 58 on the 9th. my baby girl turns 19 on the 21st and my nephew turns 17 on the 22nd! Oh! And another nephew turned 25 on the 1st!! We always say we have birthdays in the same month as the Most Important Birthday Person of all!!!! 😜💕🙏🏼

It sounds like you had a very special week celebrating you and your hubby!!

Enjoy the weekend.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! So great that you were celebrated in style! I'm looking at 6-0 next year. You make it look good!

rk2 said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I could have made your party.

Remind Mike he's halfway to 130!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

hahaha! Leave it to our spouses to keep things real! You must be very loved to have enjoyed such a wonderful birthday.

Barbara H. said...

Belated happy birthday! What fun the surprise celebration must have been. The flowers are lovely.

betty-NZ said...

How wonderful to have such appreciative folk surrounding you! Happy birthday. I love your hubby's way of looking at your age--that's something mind would say!