Friday, November 23, 2018

Friday's Fave Five 11-23-18

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog

1. Great Thanksgiving day with family on Mike's side.  Our spread was as good as all the others I've seen pictured.

2. Time with some sweet little great-nieces who aren't sure what to think of me, but sure did enjoy the stickers and tablets I brought for them.  Here they are watching their daddy shoot skeet.

3. Anytime we are at my brother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving, shooting skeet is always part of the afternoon activities.  We haven't been there for several years, so we all enjoyed being out on the field either shooting or watching.

4. A two-day work week!!

5. I did NOT get out on Black Friday.  One of the things that I am grateful for, is that I neither need nor want anything that requires getting out in that mess!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all American readers - also the Canadian ones even though their celebration was earlier.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful family time. I have always wanted to try to shoot skeet. Your meal looks delicious. I love Thanksgiving food.

To answer your question on my post about the late start, everyone just ended up coming later that day. A rare occurrence but one that is much appreciated when it happens!!

Barbara H. said...

I didn't get out on Black Friday, either, except to my son and d-i-l's house. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!

You asked about Timothy's "dish." He put a stuffed turkey and pumpkin that I use as decorations in the empty pan I was sending back with his mom.

Willow said...

We haven't shopped on Black Friday for many years. In fact, we #optoutside which means we don't shop and do spend time outdoors.
Your Thanksgiving celebration sounds like it was a success--from dinner to skeet shooting to time with family.
And yes! Hurray for that two day work week!