Friday, December 28, 2018

Friday's Fave Five 12-28-18

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog

1. On Christmas Eve I finally got to meet this special little boy.  He is the son of my own son's best friend and his wife.  He is precious, very cuddly, and loves attention.  And I loved finally getting to meet him.

2. Several great Christmas celebrations - three were on the 23rd and 24th, and the last one was on the 26th.  (Christmas Day itself was relatively quiet.)  Here is the spread from one of the  celebrations - we have really eaten well this week.

 3. Today I finally got my china cabinet set up again - everything has been in boxes for 20 months due to our long-term home renovation.  I'm so glad to have it all out again, and it was a little like seeing old friends.  :-)

4. Today I put all the Christmas stuff away, including this nativity scene.  It was originally made by my great-uncle for my grandmother, so it is a treasure to have.  

5. And finally - we finally have our new bed set up.  This is its own saga in the middle of the saga of home renovation.  The bed came in two weeks ago - and it was NOT the bed we ordered three months ago.  Turns out the furniture store's website was outdated and the bed we ordered was no longer available - yet the number was assigned to a different bed!  The headboard is the same, so we decided to live with it.  

However, when the foundation and mattress were delivered, they were too tall for the new bed.  So, for ten days I had to use a step stool to get into bed.  And I am tall.  Finally, yesterday, the lower foundation was delivered.  We got a spread yesterday, and maybe we are finally on our way to being done!!  

Oh, that's without including the fact that we started to buy two lamps yesterday that match perfectly.  And right before saying "Yes, we'll take them"--we discovered that one of the shades had a bird poop stain on it.  I am not kidding.  So, if we want them, we'll have to order a new set (can't get the shade alone) and it will take 10-14 days.  That seems to be the story of every step of this renovation.  So I am so glad that it is almost done!!
Our new bed.  First king-size bed we've ever had.




4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

The little boy looks like a cutie. Wow, that's a lot of Christmas celebrations! Lots of good food! I'm glad your renovations are coming to an end and you're able to get things set up and in place again.

Willow said...

Twenty months is a long time, and I can imagine your joy at getting all the house back to optimal living conditions.
I like your new bedspread!
Wow, you sure had a lot of celebrations over Christmas!
Happy New Year!

Wendy said...

Wow what a feast! Goodness you will be glad when EVERYTHING is done from your renovations. It's definitely been a saga. Lovely to have such treasures and space to display them. Happy New Year.

Deb J. in Utah said...

We are remodeling and renovating our new home now, so I understand what you have been going through. So nice to be getting back to normal in your "new space." Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year to you and your family!