Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday's Fave Five 1-11-19

 LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog

1. This picture may not seem like much, but it is beautiful to me.  My husband was able to get out today, and cut down the lantana bushes that have been dead since October.  He usually gets that job done sometime in November, but was unable to this fall due to his health situation.  He is doing so much better since getting a diagnosis from a rheumatologist ten days ago, and the fact that he has been able to get out and do yard work today makes it a very important FFF item for which I am thankful.

2. Finished bedroom with lamps.  We liked the lamps when we saw them in a furniture store a couple of weeks ago, and almost bought them that day - until I saw a bird poop stain on one of the shades.  :-)  So the store had to order us new ones.  (Doesn't it always go that way!)  They came in this week and Mike picked them up yesterday.  They match perfectly.

3. I've had a stubborn case of bronchitis, but returned to an urgent care yesterday for a breathing treatment and a steroid shot.  Today is so much better.  Breathing and coughing are not the main things I have to think about today.

4. Supper the other night with dear friends that we do not see very often.  Always nice to be with them.

5. I just bought a FitBit!!  It's time.  It was on sale at Target, I had three gift cards that have been in my pocketbook for too long already, and I had another $60 of gift money in with the gift cards.  So total expense to me was quite low.  Now I've got to learn to use it.  :-)

8 comments:

Dianna said...

What a wonderful week of blessings, Ann. I'm so glad that your husband is doing better and able to get out and do things. I know how my husband is when he can't be busy doing something so I am sure it was a huge blessing for your husband to be able to do some work like that.

Good for you and the Fit Bit. I've been considering one but just haven't done it.

The lamps look so nice in your bedroom. I love your bedspread and pillows also! Very pretty and relaxing.

Glad that your bronchitis is doing better. Having to think about breathing is not a fun way to live.

Karen said...

Love your first favorite. I can imagine how good it feels for your husband to feel better, and for your heart to see him doing well. Hope you continue to feel better, too.

Good luck with the Fitbit!

Barbara H. said...

What a blessing for Mike to feel well enough to work out in the yard! Glad you're feeling better, too. The lamps look nice! I think Jim's insurance will pay for a FitBit, or at least contribute to one, but I need to investigate what it does.

Faith said...

oh you are going to LOVE having a FitBit. I got one when they first came out!! I'm on my 2nd one and what I love about it, besides tracking my heart rate and steps each day/hike, is the sleep feature. SO interesting! Have fun with yours.

That's great that your husband is feeling good enough to go outside and do yard work!! Praise God!

How in the WORLD did bird poop get on a lampshade in a furniture store???!!! EW!!! So glad you were able to return them. Your bedroom looks nice.

Happy Weekend!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love those new lamps. Perfect for your newly redone bedroom. I have a fitbit and love it! I am actually on my second fitbit - wore the first one out - literally - and now I am thinking about upgrading for my third. Glad you are feeling better. My son went to Urgent Care yesterday for a bad cough - we thought me might have bronchitis, but he doesn't, so he needs to take care of himself so his cough doesn't go there. My husband has also been through some very serious medical issues, but is doing much better now, so thank God for healthy husbands! Have a great week.

Wendy said...

Glad that you and hubby are doing better. Nice lamps! Good luck with the Fitbit. I love mine.

Willow said...

Good news that both your and your hubby are feeling better!
And yay! for the finished bedroom!
I was gifted a Fitbit but I've never used it. I should pass it on to someone else...

Susanne said...

That is wonderful that your hubby was feeling well enough to do some yard work. Love your bedroom look and the lamps do fit in lovely. Glad you were able to get into to see a doctor and got that breathing treatment. Time out with friends is always a nice blessing!