Linked to Susanne's Space - host for FFF
1. Last night we went to the banquet for our local women's rehab ministry for women with drug and alcohol addictions, where I teach on Fridays. Almost a thousand people were there. One girl who is going to graduate soon gave her testimony. Mike and I helped her with it, both to shape it and practice saying it out loud. We were a little nervous for her as she broke down often while practicing it, and had a tendency to just read straight through. Well, last night was amazing. She absolutely crushed it and you could have heard a pin drop in that arena. She got a standing ovation at the end. It was a wonderful story of redemption through Jesus Christ, and was a blessing to all who heard it.
2. Mike's leg continues to heal. He's had no more problems from the pulmonary embolism, and no breathing problems, but the leg (which was the original clot) has not healed yet. It is probably going to be months. But he got a stronger elastic sock this week and has been a good boy about alternately resting and walking.
3. Baby Bop is back. We kept our precious Little Miss last weekend, and Baby Bop accidentally got left at our friends' house. I got it at church Wednesday night, so did get a few laughs and smart remarks from people there, but I just told them it was my emotional support stuffie, and that worked fine. :-)
4. We fed the college students, from the class we've been helping in, on Sunday at those same friends' house, and I took a taco casserole recipe that everyone really liked. I even got comments on Wednesday night about it. So that is a keeper and I will make it again when we feed the students! And probably at home also.
5. Made it to the gym three times this week and walked a mile each time. It is a good feeling.
Thank you for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment