Friday, July 27, 2007

Pictures from Dad's Memoir

My dad is working on a memoir of his life and I have enjoyed helping him with it. It's been fun to read old papers and family memorabilila, both from my lifetime and previous years. Here are a few of the pictures we are including in the book, thanks to my sister's help:

My grandparents in the 1950s. My grandfather died in 1960, when I was two years old, so I have no real memories of him.

My two sisters in a cute picture from their childhood.


Our family in the late 1960s. Look at the hideous glasses on that oldest daughter.


Mary Lee and Rhoda with a baby basket and doll Rhoda brought to Mary Lee from the Dominican Republic


John Michael, Lauren, Mary Lee, and Andrew - cousins having fun together around 2000.

Eventually I may share some exerpts from Dad's book (if he gives the OK). He has a very engaging writing style and a way of bringing out interesting details. We lose too much history in this day, and I'm glad he's getting his story down on paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great thing. It seems by the time we are old enough to care about our family history, it's too late to find out.