Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Two pretty things

THREE batches of strawberry jam. There are many things I don't do very well at as a housewife and mother, but I do get the jam made every spring! I did all three batches yesterday afternoon/evening, so it was a chore. Mary Lee helped greatly with cleaning the berries.
The previous owner planted this vine behind the mailbox. We don't do anything to it, but it faithfully comes up every spring with beautiful purple flowers. They don't last long, and for the rest of the summer it's just a plain vine, but for the two or three weeks that the flowers bloom, getting the mail each day is a little more interesting than the other months of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful!!! I too like to admire my jam. You're right-it's work but worth it. I think I'm going to do mostly cherry rather than much strawberry this year.