Saturday, June 14, 2008

Update on Pool and Rabbit(s) - PLURAL!

Last night Mike was watering inside the pool enclosure and sprayed some toward the poolhouse--and two little rabbits hopped out! This was after he had seen (and almost eradicated) an adult rabbit earlier in the evening. He was glad he hadn't after seeing the babies. So, apparently we did not have one rabbit underneath the poolhouse--we have a nest. Therefore my remaining cucumber plant and three squash plants are not out of danger yet.
Here are two better pics. of the pool - uncovered now. The wildly colored Adirondacks are the result of a huge impulse I had last spring. And the rabbits are living under that small deck in the above picture.

Mike has been doing a fabulous job with our lawn this summer. It's amazing the way the flowers have kept going even with the lack of rain. We are becoming believers in perennials--everything in front of the garage came up by itself this year. (pink lantana, black-eyed susans, and two hibiscus--unfortunately they turned out not to be the giant kind like last year's which is still on the side of the house, but not blooming yet).

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

What a beautiful yard and pool! I commend you for the lap swimming - when we lived in Gridley I used to join a carload to go to Flanagan at 5:00 am to swim laps. That was the first and only time that I got really thin from exercise rather than starving myself. Now I'm not willing to pay the price for a gym membership to swim...so I have pool-envy when looking at your pictures.