Friday, June 13, 2008

The Pool - 2008

The new porch has led to a renewed interest in the pool this year. Andrew and I have challenged each other to swim at least five days out of seven this summer, and so far we're both on track. I can put a radio out on the porch, listen to Dave Ramsey's call-in program or maybe Limbaugh, and have that extra entertainment / stimulation / call it what you will that makes repetitious laps not so . . .boring.

Andrew is keeping up the pool this summer. Last night he found a small dead rabbit in the skimmer! One of his buddies thought he saw one under the poolhouse the other night. Now I know the probable reason why my squash and cucumber plants kept disappearing. Three times I set out plants on the edging of the grassy area to the right of the porch, watered them, and then they would be, not wilted, but gone! Unfortunately, now it's about too late to set new ones out. Apparently the rabbit did not care for tomato plants as they are doing just fine. Poor little thing--thinking he was just hopping across to get a snack, and landing in the pool.

I will try to replace this picture soon with a picture of the pool opened, not still covered. It was either a covered pool with the current porch, or an uncovered pool with the old deck. I've not got time right now to go get a picture.

4 comments:

Eric - Retta said...

He must have heard the news on the radio about Salmanila in Tomatos and taken the warning serious. EDK

Ann said...

Ha ha. Well, tomatoes are ALL we'll be eating this summer--no squash or cucumbers!

Bet said...

Ann, I'll trade you my job for your porch and pool! Ok?? :-)

Barry Cater said...

Now you know why Elmer Fudd was so bitter!