My friend Barbara at Stray Thoughts has tagged me for this "quirks" meme. I've got three weeks in the summer left; still some time to do this sort of thing! The only thing is. . .I don't really have a list of people to "tag," so may have to leave that part off. I know of a number of readers; I just haven't convinced most of them to start blogging yet! (You know who you are!!!!)
1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky, yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.
Okay, six quirky things:
1. This summer I have really enjoyed watching Andy Griffith reruns on Channel 4 at 12:30 and 2:00 every day. I even time my kitchen work to be out there during those times.
2. I can't go to sleep unless the covers are securely tucked in at the foot of the bed, and I have to have something heavier over my feet, like an extra blanket, more than just the bedspread or whatever blankets happen to be on the bed.
3. I try to keep the house reasonably neat, but my bedroom closet is a disaster, and no one in the house may comment or object--it is the one place where I can just let things collect. Call it my form of rebellion against having to be neat as a sign of conformity, maybe?!
4. I really enjoy swimming in the summer but the water has to be about the temperature of a tepid bath. None of that cold water for me.
5. I don't care for coffee in any form, but there is nothing better in the world than a warm chocolate chip cookie dunked in a glass of cold milk.
6. Every spring I get excited about growing flowers and a few vegetables; then if the plants don't do well pretty much on their own, I always get lax about watering them. . .and in weather like this, that means that they die.
And I tag my sister Rhoda at rk2 and anyone else who reads this who wants to try it!