Thursday, July 17, 2008

Spending Someone Else's Money

As the "academic supervisor" of the library at our school I get to order books in the summer every year. However, this year we are extremely limited in library $$ for that purpose as our budget is very tight. I do, however, have some cash on hand from fines and lost books during the year. So for the past week I have had a great time exploring eBay. I've been getting more DVDs this year as the elementary teachers will not have aides next year and this will be a help for rainy day recesses. Here are some of my finds:

  1. WIND IN THE WILLOWS, 2 DVD set, $2.99
  2. Animated versions of DAVID COPPERFIELD and HEIDI, $1.00 each
  3. CHILDREN'S STORIES, 2 DVD set, $6.50. (These looked like good stories.)
  4. Animated TOM SAWYER, $1.99
  5. Animated ROB ROY, DON QUIXOTE, LAST OF THE MOHICANS, HANS BRINKER, and CAMELOT, $5.99 each
  6. Several MODERN MARVELS DVDs from the History Channel--FIREWORKS is one, and CANDY (how it's made) is another.
  7. and several Liberty's Kids DVDs still on auction--I just hope that somebody hasn't seen them and plans to bid high at the very end.

I've also gotten some good things for the Phys. Ed teachers as well as some science and lit. things. It's fun to spend money that's not my own! But, it's also fun to come up with good educational resources for the teachers for the fall.

No comments: