Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Murphy's Law

I didn't have to be at school until 8:50 this morning - my first period class is taking the PSAT exam today - so of course, I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Ended up riding in with Mary Lee as Mike has to look at the brakes on my van today. So I am stuck here - can't run to Wal-Mart, or go look for black fabric for the set for the play, or do any number of things that need doing. Amazing how much we take our vehicles for granted.

We went to see Mary Lee play volleyball in Spartanburg last night and had a nice time with Mike's brother, his wife, and two of their children. They worked it out to come to the game and then we went to eat afterward. We don't see much of his family and so it's nice when an unusual (as in not a major holiday) time like that works out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that at Westgate? I wish I had known -- I could have popped in to say hi!! I wouldn't have wanted to intrude on your family time, of course.

Ann said...

Yes, it was - I looked for you in the gym, but couldn't get out to the soccer field if that's where you were. With my husband's brother's family there, there was just too much going on. I saw the pastor's wife in the gym too and didn't even get down there to see her (old friend from before we were married) as she was there and then left. I've never seen Westgate before - nice facility! I really regret that you were there and I didn't see you.

Anonymous said...

No, I wasn't there. But if I had known you'd be there I'd have popped in. But it probably wasn't a good time anyway. I'll have to stay alert for the next time your school comes. :-)