Monday, December 29, 2008

Painted Ornaments, one last time

This may be boring to anyone but family, but please bear with me.
These are all the ornaments we've painted over the last five years or so. There are a couple more in the collection from Rhoda, but those will be shown later.


The gingerbread house is a little older, and the red house was from last year. These are easily the two most difficult that I painted. But it was very rewarding to see them done. I especially liked the "snow" that was added on the roofs and the trees.

The two trucks have interesting stories. The dark red one is a treasured ornament that Mary Lee painted for her dad, the first year we did this. It matches the truck that he had at the time. Now, we have a white truck, so when I found that we had one more truck ornament in the bag, I painted it to match the current one. It's not quite as special as the one Mary Lee did but it still fits. Back then we put the "snow" on the tree; on this newer one I used a product called "diamond dust" that adheres to the wet paint and looks like glistening snow or sleet.

This was one of the first ornaments Mary Lee painted. The detail and neatness show her great artistic ability. She doesn't paint much with me now and I miss it.

The box is closed up now; I'll get the paints out again next winter!

No comments: