Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ups/Downs

Up/Down: Andrew is headed back to school. I was going to take him, but Mike got off work early and he's taking him instead. I love having him home, but the time comes when. . .it's time for him to go on back. And I was glad Mike could take him, because. . .

Down: I am catching a cold and have that "balloon blown up in the head" feeling.

Up: Did the best chemistry lab of the year today - Flame tests. The students love them.

Up: Just got a totally unexpected phone call from an old friend from early teaching days.

Up: We went out to eat last night, kind of a tradition when possible, whenever Andrew goes back to school.

Up: The cat, with a prednisone injection in her, is feeling much better. We hope it lasts a few weeks at least.

1 comment:

rk2 said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Have you ever tried a neti pot? As much as I hate to admit it, I think they are a good thing.