Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gala

I haven't done much posting lately. Just can't seem to get in the mood.

Last weekend was a wonderful retirement gala for my former administrator. The planning committee really did it right - it was held at the Civic Center and therefore was upped a notch from the usual things held in the cafetorium. As one graduate said about our administrator, "In your whole life you might only meet one or two people like him." That quotation was used during the program. Andrew did a parody of the man and absolutely nailed many of his funny mannerisms. He also sang a solo, as did my dear friend's daughter. The whole program was a wonderful blend of the funny and the serious, and it was also a great reunion. Many graduates returned to honor this highly respected man.

2 comments:

The Jordan's said...

I regret we weren't able to make it. It is not easy to get away most weekends here at Fort Stewart.

It sounds like the programed showed Dr. Wilkins how well respected he is by students and other school employees. He truly is a special man. It makes me happy to know people like him are shown how special they are!

From the Front Porch said...

Was hoping to be there...I guess Daniel Jr. had other ideas. And no, I wasn't in icu :)...love you!