Sunday, February 22, 2009

Inside Out Repair Job

My friend Nancy asked me if I would try to fix a sweater she'd like to wear to school camp this week. It had a hole in the back of about a half inch in diameter. I told her I'd try to make it at least presentable, and set to work on it this afternoon. It went quite well and repaired quite easily. Using a needle and thread I was able to loop up some of the knitting that had unraveled, and also tack back the yarn that apparently had gotten cut somehow (which started the problem). At the end of the repair project, I was pleased that all the threads of the repair job were showing on the back only and the right side looked quite presentable.

Then I started to turn it right side out. And discovered I had never turned it wrong side out.

The threads of the repair job were on the outside. The nice invisible repaired side was actually the inside.

I am so middle aged sometimes.

5 comments:

Nog Blog said...

This gave me a huge laugh! Great story!

Anonymous said...

I just lost a button from my jacket at work. I'd ask for you to sew it on, but it really needs to be on the correct side in order to work!

This so sounds like something I would do.

Ada said...

ha ha -- did you open it and fix it again? And if you thing middle aged is bad - just wait for old!!

Ada said...

See? I can't even type two sentences correctly!!

Nog Blog said...

Ada, now you made me laugh!