Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bad Storm

Whew. A really bad storm moved through Friday night. No power for 24 hours, no phone/internet for 36. Phones just came back on this morning. I hope everything in the refrigerator is fine. We still don't have cable back.

It could have been much worse. Since it's springtime, the house got neither too cold nor too hot. We weren't iced in, so we could get out in the car and go. My friend Gina lent me a car charger, so I could keep my cell phone charged up and we could talk on the phone.

We haven't lost power for more than a few minutes in probably 7-8 years. It's probably good to have happen once in awhile, because it makes us appreciate power again.

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Oh no! We had thunder, lightning, and wind, but kept power and phones. I am glad things are coming back on.

Happy Easter!

The Jordan's said...

Yes, Stan and I joke about how every time we visit Anderson something horrible happens regarding the weather. Last time when we visited over Christmas was the ice storm. Now for Easter was the horrible thunderstorm with tornadoes. Unfortunately, my dad had to work all weekend because of the power outages. Glad your power came back on and hope you didn't loose anything in the frig!