Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pepperoni Rolls

My cousin Judy has a recipe in our family cookbook that calls for nothing but mini-snickers rolled up in crescent rolls and baked. At the end she writes, "My kind of recipe!" I always smile when reading that. I've got a recipe that may not be that simple, but only has that many ingredients, and it apparently is "My kind of recipe!". About five years ago teenagers discovered it - not sure if it was something for school, youth group, or just teens at the house - and I've ended up having to make it over and over since then. Whatever the occasion, teens look at me and ask (beg, plead) if I will make them. It takes about five hours, including the time to raise, and they get inhaled in about five minutes.
-
All they contain are frozen Parkerhouse rolls (Rhodes brand is the best) and pepperoni. I just thaw the rolls, stick a couple of pieces of pepperoni in the middle and wrap the dough around it, let them raise, brush a little butter on the top, and bake them.

Hey, there aren't many ways a middle-aged mom/teacher/whatever can relate to teens. If that's the way to their hearts, so be it.

Raising on the pan

Out of the oven

The final product!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Patti Samargo told you the recipe because Joey liked them :)

Lizupatree said...

Sounds yummy!