Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday

Random thoughts on a Saturday:

**This time of the year about does me in. Today I have to go to the piano recital. That's about the hardest thing for me to attend, when none of my kids are in it. But all teachers must attend one of the recitals. So, even though I'm already there six days a week, I'll go on the seventh day as well - today - to do what I'm supposed to do.

**My daughter is officially finished with me as a teacher. She exempted my exam. I feel like a certain kind of weight has been lifted. She does too!

**I am glad, very glad, that my husband has a job. But they are going to kill him. That's a literal statement. He just can't work this hard any more, on night shift to boot. He was off last night, and slept all night. Now he's slept all morning. But that's a good thing - he has to work 12 hours all night tonight, and for the following five nights as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound a little depressed today, and I can sympathize! For the ones that still have jobs, they are making life very difficult. John and I can both attest to that, and we understand what working third shift is like. Believe it or not, John used to do it on Saturday night, and then preach before he went to sleep! Thankfully, he was able to interview for a first shift position before too much of that occured!! Anyway, have a nice weekend!--Beth

Ann said...

Beth - send me your email address again. Somehow I've lost it - I think when my email program got updated. Thanks, Ann
p.s. when are you going to start a blog?!!!