Sunday, July 12, 2009

Seeing Someone Learn and Respond

I've been on hiatus from Spanish church for a couple of months (they didn't need me for awhile).  Last Sunday I noticed that one young father, who used to be very reticent and acted uncomfortable even being there, was helping with the offering and seemed much more interested in the goings-on.  This week I asked the pastor's wife about him.  She said "Oh, we took several couples from the church to a conference this spring.  He didn't really want to go but went at the last minute.  They had separate sessions for the men and women, and he learned about male leadership for the first time.  His response was 'I didn't know that men were supposed to lead and if they didn't, the women would just fill the vacuum.'"  

This morning he was helping set up the microphone and other things needed for the service, and took his place to help with the offering as well. It was a joy to observe.

No comments: