Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Son the Cookie Baker


Last night Andrew announced that he wanted to make sugar cookies. Since I had a boatload of things to cook for today, between having a nice breakfast and taking things to Thanksgiving dinner today, I was glad to let him help. Now we have a nice batch of cookies to take along.
-
He wanted to make sugar cookies - a long-standing tradition in our family that has been continued by Aunt Rhoda. Now, that's not an easy recipe to make - two kinds of sugar, both oil and margarine/butter, dough chilled, rolled, flattened and sugared for each cookie. He did NOT want any help. And, I hate to say it, Aunt Rhoda, but. . .he's going to give you a run for your money with his cookie baking skills!

3 comments:

Grandma K said...

Andrew, I can almost taste those cookies. You will have to demonstrate those baking skills for us at Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

I remember a 4 or 5 year old boy calling me after he and his mother made "Aunt Rhoda's sugar cookies" and telling me, "we made sugar cookies and they're gooder than your." I think he has better PR skills now!

I wish I could taste the cookies!!!

rk2 said...

And he may give me a run for my money, but he still doesn't know my secret ingredient.