Monday, December 7, 2009

One Expensive Pair of Roller Skates

ML comes home tomorrow night, for a pre-op on Wednesday, for her wrist surgery which she will have when the semester is over. She has a ganglion cyst on her wrist, which is at the site of her fracture when she was in the seventh grade. Which was the result of the purchase of a $1.00 pair of roller skates at a yard sale. That has turned into one expensive pair of roller skates.

I will make porcupine meatballs for Mike's birthday celebration, which we're holding off until tomorrow night since ML is coming home. That is his favorite - his mom always made that for his birthday when he was a child.

3 comments:

Bet said...

I've never heard of porcupine meatballs! What do you serve them with? I had to google the recipe to even know what was in them! Quite an interesting name. :)

Ann said...

Bet - I got the recipe out of the Betty Crocker cookbook, but probably recipes are all over the web. If you can't find one - it's really just basic meatballs with rice in the mix, and extra water to soften the rice - I'll send you mine.

Lizupatree said...

whew! I was kind of afraid to ask, what with the hunting picture at the top of the page! lol I'd like the recipe too! Sounds yummy. Did Betty Crocker call them that, or was it a family name?