Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Misc.

It's Labor Day weekend - I should have made a blog post on here at some point over the weekend, and even have an idea trolling in my mind about an educational method I just read about. However - thoughts have been disjointed. So,

- I got all the big things done this three-day weekend. (What about having a three-day every weekend? I could stay on top of things with that!) I got some curtains stitched for ML's dorm room - and that with the sewing machine broken. Every stitch done by hand. I got a lot of work done for Bible class and feel better about being on top of that. I got 3 sets of science tests graded, laundry caught up, some rest.

- Went to Staples today for several things, among which was White-Out. Got home, got out the two-bottle pack - and I had bought buff, not white. Sometimes I simply cannot get things done right, once and for all, the first time.

- Ginger is gone. We think she ran off Saturday, when there was a lot of dove and squirrel shooting going on around here. Guns could be heard all day. She does not like that, and she probably ran off scared. However, she's older than she used to be. . .it might be harder for her to find her way home. I am concerned for her. Even though there would be less work without her around, I don't want it to end this way.

- I should have had people over this weekend - but I craved being alone in the house and just "thinking." Hard to find the balance there.

- I hope to get centered about the school year soon. My administrator has gotten some help for me, which is good. I have really felt overwhelmed, with 2 new preps as well as the old things. The Bible class has been the big thing. It is a fearsome thing to handle the Word of God before impressionable freshman and sophomore girls, and I recognize the responsibility of it. It's one thing to do a less-than-stellar job in a science class (not good, but nevertheless. . .), but not to do well in a Bible class could affect some girls' impressions of the Bible for a long time to come. I have to do the best job there.

- Speaking of school - I need to go to bed to be able to get up and do a good job tomorrow.

2 comments:

From the Front Porch said...

Praying Ginger will return. I hope you have a GREAT week.

Andrew S. said...

Mrs. Bailes, I hope Ginger makes her way back home where she belongs. The attachment works both ways, and I pray she'll make it safely home. :)

Also, you'll do fine with the girls' Bible class! Considering the "sermons" you delivered to our class, you're sure to succeed in passing one or two on to the Freshman and Sophomore girls. :)

By the way, I still hear those "sermons" echoing in my mind. :)