Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Morning Thoughts

Although most main roads are pretty good by now - still a few places of black ice - there is still much snow and ice on the ground. It's beautiful to look at, especially early in the morning as I drive to school. It's different than any other ice or snowstorm we've had. The crust of ice that formed on top of the snow makes the ground look like ice lakes or giant iceskating rinks. I regret every morning not having the camera with me, though it would be difficult to get a picture at that time anyway.

My children went back to school yesterday. Always nice to see them go (moving on with their lives) ; always difficult to see them go. They are growing up.

1 comment:

From the Front Porch said...

It has been beautiful! So often by now it is muddy slush. I am sure that is coming, but I will enjoy the frozen white for now!