Monday, May 9, 2011

Rocket Shoot!

Friday was this year's rocket shoot. We had a beautiful day - just enough clouds in the sky to see the rockets more easily; just enough breeze to keep it interesting but not interfere with the shoot. The man with the hat is Nick; he is a huge help to me every year on rocket shoot day. He keeps the rockets going and I do crowd control.

Getting the first ones set up.
I would say that this girl is a little nervously excited about this-

It's hard to get a rocket shooting in action - Mrs. T. did a good job with her photography.

I caught this girl's rocket barehanded!

The entire group-
It's always a relief to me when rocket day is over. We do this as safely as possible; however, as with most things in life, there is a remote possibility that something can go wrong. So I am always thankful when it goes well and goes smoothly.

4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

My kids did this, too -- one of their favorite classes. :-)

Shelley S said...

We got one of the boys a rocket for Easter and they had SO much fun launching it. I agree, it's a little scary, but it's incredible how high they go! It would be neat to see all of those go up.

Allison Campbell said...

I would like to say that this is one of my FAVORITE memories from Oakwood... I loved this day!!!

Ann said...

Thanks, all of you, for your comments. Rocket shooting is a lot of fun. This was my 30th time in the past 32 years!