I just realized it's Friday - I'm not in school - and so have plenty of time to do a Friday's Fave Five this week.
1. Christmas - with several Christmas celebrations with family members. To me Christmas is a stressful time but it is also a good time.
2. This could have gone in last week's, but since it's a semi-Christmas present, as well as a birthday present, I got an iPhone with an Otter case! Wasn't so sure I wanted it at first, but since it was a gift, and I've got it - am getting used to it and like it more and more each day.
3. The opportunity to host a gathering for some former students my son's age, who were here last night for a great time of catching up. And then getting up this morning to discover that my son had done a really really good job of cleaning up!!!
4. Discovered Christmas Eve that my iPhone has an app that works just as well as a GPS, even "talking" the directions. Therefore I returned the newly-purchased Garmin to Best Buy yesterday. (It was from "Santa" to both Mike and me.)
5. Our schedule at school was very different this year. We went all the way to Dec. 21, which made Christmas preparation very tight. (I did feel for the mothers of young children who had much to do in a single weekend, which, if like our family, included the celebrations already getting started.) But the advantage is that we do not go back until January 7. In the past we've often had to go back January 2, which is almost cruel and unusual punishment and definitely takes the red off the candy of New Year's Day celebrations. So, Christmas is done, and I still have over a week of vacation left. That really provides some quality time for work around the house, and rest and relaxation. Thank you to whomever did this year's calendar.
And sorry, but a sixth. This cannot be missed! 6. We found out Wednesday that, if all goes as planned, in June my husband will be on a straight day shift job!!! After 23 years, no more swing shift!