1. My son made it safely to a closed country for a stint of teaching English. He left earlier this week, and it has been an emotional time for his mother. However, he made it, and I've seen a picture of him with other members of his group, having cake and coffee in the apartment belonging to one of them, at the end of the first day. That pic made me feel better.
2. Nice large going-away party for him after church last Sunday night here at the house, and a nice family dinner on Monday night at Tucker's Restaurant. (Thank you to my folks for that one.) I did not tell my husband how many ended up being invited to the going-away party until it was underway - sometimes it's better just to let things happen. :-) And it just kept growing.
3. Got daughter moved into her house - she is loving it. She started her senior year in college this week. The end is in sight!
4. My sister started a new job this week and is enjoying it - she is happy to be employed again after a six-month hiatus.
5. Psalm 139. And I have a nice, quiet weekend to rest up.
Link to Friday's Fave Five