Link to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. Last Friday I went to the SCACS Fine Arts Competition with my students. I didn't have any groups this year, but another teacher was needed to go to keep order on the bus. So - guess who got elected. It was a very long day - had to be at school by 5:45 a.m. and got back at 10:00 p.m. But it was a good day being with the students and seeing several old friends from other schools.
2. This is spring break week! It has been so nice to be at home and get things done - a lot of grading, organizing, cleaning things out, finding things for a yard sale. I like weeks like this. I cleaned my entire house yesterday, complete with putting fresh Future on the vinyl flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms. It smells really good, and looks nice and clean also.
3. The birds are feeding furiously even though the weather is getting nicer. They plow through both sunflower seeds and suet like crazy. We've had two new birds in the past week - brown-headed nuthatches, and yellow-rumped warblers. We've seen them in the past (the nuthatches at our old Anderson house, and the warblers when we still lived in Greenville), but this is the first time at feeders. (The picture is of a chickadee, not the new birds.)
4. On Monday, I went to my daughter's school and had lunch with her. It was a pleasure to see her school, and to meet her advisory teacher, her class, and the other 4th grade teachers she works with.
5. Last night I got an interesting phone call from my son in China. He was teaching and called directly from his class as an example of technology in the world today. One of his students conversed directly with me. It was fun!