Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Mike had a huge test today at work - several more experienced operators had not done well - and he passed with a 90% this afternoon. So we went out to eat to celebrate tonight. And got a piece of citrus cheesecake compliments of our neighbor, the manager!
2. I got an elliptical last weekend. I noticed that a good friend was having a yard sale and that she was including an elliptical. She was very glad to sell it to me, at a very good price, because they are moving and she needed to get it gone. So Mike picked it up and set it up out back in the pool house. It still needs a couple of adjustments, but it will be very nice to just go out back to get on it instead of having to pack up and go to a gym. Plus, it was 1/7 of the cost of the gym.
3. Last Saturday I went to Greenville, to Jamie Langston Turner's book signing, and got an autographed copy of this new book, To See the Moon Again. I finished it by Wednesday night. It was another good read by her. Probably not my favorite, but still a good read. Always love a new book by Turner.
4. Quiet weekend for Labor Day, but we got a lot done around here. We are going off for a retreat in the mountains in a couple of weeks, so not going anywhere was OK.
5. This is a little thing, but kind of funny also. I bought a couple of nightgowns from a catalog several weeks ago - there were two "one size fits all" options. (Isn't that an oxymoron?) Anyway, I went with the larger one to make sure it would be roomy enough as a gown. Well, even after washing/drying it was huge on me. Someone who lives in this house compared it to a "circus tent." This week I sewed several side seams in the "circus tent," and now it looks much better and is very comfortable. I will not name the person who made such a derogatory remark. :-)