Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Very thankful for the outcome of Tuesday's elections. God is in control of our country, and we can never stop asking Him for direction and protection; however, it was SO nice to see that the people of this great nation see the same problems that need to be corrected in Washington.
2. My eighth graders are coming along great in their choric speaking presentation for our Veterans' Day chapel. I got the powerpoint completed a couple of days ago. I had to make two corrections: Had used a slide of Ben Franklin for what I thought was Patrick Henry. The students quickly noticed that and pointed it out. They also noticed something else: One slide, for a generic slide needed of a stadium, was of Yankee Stadium. That will not do. This morning I replaced it with one of Fenway Park in Boston.
The slides along the left of this post are all taken from the powerpoint presentation.
3. Last Friday night we had a wonderful evening with dear friends for over 30 years - always good to be in contact with them!
4. And last Saturday night we had a wonderful evening with dear friends here in town, to watch the football game. Our team handed away a two-touchdown lead in the last two minutes of the game (that is the third time that they've done it this season, so that was pathetic - but at least the fellowship was nice.
5. Just got a text from Mike. The repair man came today and the gas line for our extra heater has been repaired, and he's fixed the broken eye on the stove. (Last Sunday I tried to turn on one of the burners, and the switch completely broke off. Fortunately it was off when that happened.) Mike is so good about fixing things as quickly as possible. I am very appreciative!!