Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Last night my daughter got a HUGE buck as well as a second one that was good-sized also. It makes a great story. She's been wanting one badly all year as she has never gotten a large one. Mike and she decided to go one last time, last night. So, in the last ten minutes of the season, she killed a 190 pound buck with a 22 1/2 inch spread. That is huge, especially for a buck in our state. Mike let his Canada hunting buddies know about it, and they said that that is a huge spread even for Canadian bucks. So she is reveling in her success, and Mike is as excited as if he got it.
2. This morning I came in from running a couple of errands to see Mike and Andrew out back washing the cars. Very nice!
3. Also very nice just to have Andrew around. He's in and out a lot, seeing people, but just knowing he's on our side of the ocean for awhile is wonderful for a mother's heart.
4. My side of the family was at our home for Christmas dinner last Saturday. All but a couple of nieces were here - and both of them have precious little ones that we missed seeing. But it was a nice meal, both here and at my folks' for dessert and presents later on. One sister stayed until Tuesday, which was really nice.
5. I made my yearly trip to the outlet mall about 45 minutes from here, on Monday. Got a pair of shoes that I had been told was discontinued, but apparently was not. The pair I already have of the same style feels wonderful on my feet, so I was very glad to get a second pair for when these wear out. You know you are middle-aged when finding a comfortable shoe matters more than finding a fashionable one. :-)
Happy New Year!