Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog.
1. Well, I can't be thankful for a successful filling, as mentioned on last week's FFF that that would be all that was needed to repair a crack in a tooth. The problem was much worse than originally indicated. So, instead, I can be thankful for modern dentistry, that will be able to repair the tooth with a root canal, a post in the remaining tooth, and a crown.
2. Very thankful for my daughter's best friend, who is also an accomplished hairdresser, who gave me "the works" yesterday. She gives a mean haircut, as well as a nice highlight job, one that doesn't deny my gray hairs, but definitely tones them down!
3. I had an efficient week at school. I got a lot accomplished, complete with getting ALL the junior research papers graded, as well as five sets of tests. And I only have six senior journals to go.
4. Daughter and I had a fun morning last Saturday, last minute deciding to hit the yard sales. There were only a few, but the first and last ones we went to were like hitting the jackpot, especially for her. I'm always grateful for the opportunity to spend one-on-one time with her. We don't get the chance very often.
5. I love this bulletin board. It's by a mysterious author who goes by the initials d.a.w. He puts four-line poems in a magazine I used to subscribe to, and they are always very witty. In case it's not real visible, it goes like this: "Springtime showers hang around / To see if they can drown the ground. / Resourcefully, the garden copes / By raising little yellow periscopes." Very clever! And very adaptable to a bulletin board.